Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 1


GOOD MORNING!!

           I jumped out of bed with a renewed determination to start this 30 day challenge and remembered I had only gotten 5hrs of sleep (I need at least 8hrs people or I am the walking dead). Ah, well. I am a new mom I will always have an excuse to not exercise or to not spend the extra 5mins making a healthy meal. So, I shrugged off my self-doubt and pessimism and began my day. Let's get this 30 day challenge started!!!

DAY 1

Drink 8oz. of water. Have a glass of water by your bedside to sip right as you wake up.

Mini workout: 10 calf raises. 10 with your feet turned out, 10 feet straight, 10 feet turned in. I do this while        drinking my water before I do anything else in the day. 

Breakfast: 2 scramled eggs prepared with 1 tsp of EVOO, black pepper, and 1/4 c. of spinach. One kiwi.     *for more Paleo friendly recipe ideas visit Rachel's blog: Paleo diet recipes.

Drink: 8oz water


Snack handful of almonds and a pear.
Drink 16oz of water before lunchtime. This is flushing out your fast food, sugar, salt eating body!
Lunch 1 1/2 cups of my bean soup
         One can of black bean and garbanzo bean, two cans of kidney bean and petite diced tomatoes (throw in the tomato juice too), 1pd of cooked hamburger meat, 1 green pepper, 2Tbsp of dried onion, 2tsp garlic salt, 1 beef boullion, 1/2tsp of dried red pepper, black pepper to taste. Yum! 
I aslo had one delicious peach and a handful of grapes. 

DRINK UP!! 8oz of water= 1 cup. 

Drink 8oz water
Snack One apple and 1 cup of almond milk... starting to get really hungry!
Dinner 8oz of water. 1 cup of fajita mixy mix
            Chicken, red pepper, green pepper, and onion. Cook chicken in EVOO and then mix in favorite Mexican seasonings with the veggies and sautee!
Snack One pear and 1Tbsp of sunflower butter. 

WOD (workout of the day): Jillian Michael's 6 weeks 6 pack. Find it here:  6 week 6 pack.
 I did this workout after breakfast while my baby was sleeping. Some days that will work best for me to do it in the morning, then other days I will just wait till Howard comes home to kick me in the butt to workout and he can watch the baby. Do whatever works!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS AND LOVE YOUR DETERMINATION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true about always having an excuse. That's me right this second! Maybe reading about your progress will get me to throw out those excuses :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete