Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 day challenge

Hello one and all,

      This coming Monday I am starting a 30 day challenge. It will involve the Paleo diet and lots of abdominal workouts! I have adapted my challenge from this blog. I love this blogger's straight-forward layout of the day, easy- to- follow menu, and efficient workouts.

       Let me just say that this is not something I would normally do. I have never "dieted" to restrict myself from certain food groups and I have never created a set work-out routine. Normally, I do my best to have balanced meals and I eat fats, sugars, carbs in moderation. As of late, my workouts involved walking, weight-lifting, and yoga. When I came across this Paleo diet and workout routines on Rachel's Sweet Confession blog I was really excited because it was in-line with what I was already doing, but a little more refined and aggressive. Now that I am a mom I have found that I am lazy about exercise and I eat more conveniently (aka I eat like crap). I have also noticed that my energy level has dipped and my pants have gotten more uncomfortable. Needless to say, my body is ready for a reboot after having baby Cora. 

      Starting on Monday I will be blogging my daily activites involving eating, exercising, and progress. I am using this blog because I think my mom and Taryn are the only ones following and I need somewhere to be held a little bit accountable. I have also told Howard about my challenge and told him to keep me on track. Yes, this is a little narcissistic. No, I will not be posting half-naked pictures. Yes, I will probably complain once in awhile. No, I will not give up or give in. Alright, let's do this... starting Monday. I am going grocery shopping for the next week of healthy eating :] 



4 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! Great and grand adventures ahead :) Take us all along. After we get home from the coast next week (always something ;) ) I am doing a cool plan from a new lady in our ward
    Love ya!
    debi aka momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danee!! I'm in a rut right now. I did the Dunford challenge at the beginning of this year and kept going with my family and got awesome results...........and then I quit and can't get started again! I exercise every day, but eat horrible. So when i saw you post this on FB I had to come read about it! I want to do this too!!! I'll have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, but it looks awesome! I'll have to eat more calories and carbs for 2 weeks cause I'm running a 1/2 marathon sept 21, but then after that I'm ready to look and feel great!! Woohoo! Keep me updated! Details! ;). Good luck! You can do this!! (Ps Cora is the absolute cutest! Love seeing pics of her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am IN! I am so excited that you are doing this Danee, and Anika too! WOOT WOOT. I had a health scare last month that made me very aware that it is mandatory to get healthy, besides, I want to FEEL ad LOOK GREAT! I got my shopping done as well, and decided to take this challenge WITH YOU! Thank you for the motivation! I will be posting as well, so lets share ladies!! Anyone else in?
    Love you,
    Aunt Kath:)
    LET'S GO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy with everyone's responses! I am really excited for this challenge, so much so, I was anxious all weekend to start :] I am glad I have you guys to do it with! I will be posting everyday and checking out your posts too. Let's keep each other motivated!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete