Thursday, July 18, 2013

Family reunion

The Hansens got together in Richfield, Utah last month for the first time in years! It was awesome to be around all my siblings and their kiddos.
Brady has Olivia and Scarlett, Ryan has Avery, Haylee has Laker Grey (just kidding... no kids for her yet!), and I have Cora June. 

We started the trip at my Grandma's house. Look! It's my long, forgotten bike in the back :) I brought it home this trip.

Howard and I arrived first and got to greet all the spiders that are keeping watch over my Grandparent's home. There was even one in the shower with me! Although, I know these spiders are just trying to be friendly and welcome us back to Utah, I made Howard, my Dad, or one of my brothers kill them immediately. My parents came second with Ryan, Aves, and Haylee. Avery is getting so big!! I remember her coming over for sleepovers and she was just learning to walk around. Brady and his gang showed up last. They traveled all the way from Texas. I was so excited to finally meet little Scarlett and to get to know this new Olivia. Last time I saw Liv she was just over a year old. It felt so good to all be together again. 

We spent the first couple days relaxing and catching up with each other. We did a lot of front porch lounging, cooking/eating, and visiting with Grandma Hansen 


On Monday we went to Fishlake were we grew up going camping every Labor Day weekend with my Dad's family. My Uncle Larry let us use his (amazing) cabin for a couple days. Can you find a sleeping Howard in this picture?
Beautiful Aspens. Handsome Dad. 

Scarlett loved to play with Cora and share toys with her and Cora was so good with sharing and playing too... ok, not really. Whenever, we would set Cora and Scarlett down to play together it was like putting two pro wrestlers in a ring together. It was fun to watch, but it was a lot of tears to wipe up : )


Storytime with Grandma Debi.We each took turns cooking at night. This is Chef Ryan and Chef Haylee. There dinner was incredible: grilled caesar salad, bar-b-que chicken, roasted red potatoes, and corn on the cob. My mouth is watering just re-typing this. 


Brady had just returned from Officer training for the Airforce. He had a lot of interesting stories and pictures to share with us. I am so impressed by his skills and abilities. This is one smart cookie! Taryn also had some incredible success stories of being a solo mom for a month :) They will be moving next month to Indianapolis to start Med school. I am really excited for their new adventure. I hope I can go visit them sometime!



No comments:

Post a Comment