On November 26th somebody decided she was ready to come
out into the big world!
Welcome Cora June
The day before (Nov.25th) I woke up thinking,"My water may have just broken!". It was such a teeny, tiny amount I really wasn't sure. So, I called my doctor and he said it was only my water having ruptured IF it continued through out the day. I was getting ready for bed when the same sensation happened as it did in the morning. I told Howard I wasn't sure, but I thought my water was leaking. He said,"Alright, we are going to the hospital!". I was totally in denial the whole way there. I was actually saying how I was being dramatic and the nurses are going to laugh at the paranoid new parents. How quickly my joking, carefree attitude flew out the window when the nurse came back in and said,"Ok. You're definitely having this baby. Your water broke!". My face dropped and I looked at Howard in disbelief.
The baby is coming?
Today? Holy cow.
I got my IV (way more painful than the epidural was) and changed into my lovely gown that would be my outfit for the next 4 days. Since I was only dilated to a 1 1/2 I was hooked up to pitocin right away. I spent the night on my labor ball with my sweet nurse icing and rubbing my back until 7am. It wasn't till 11am that I tapped out. I called in the big guns to get an epidural. All I can say about epidurals is- YES please! I finally could crawl back into bed and Howard and I enjoyed a couple movies. The doctor came in to check on me around 3pm. He broke my water then and things really started progressing after that. I went from being dilated to a 3 to a 9 in two hours. Howard was so awesome through all of this. He even held a trash can for me when I got sick. If you know Howard then you know this is a really big deal for him. He can hardly stand being in the same room of someone throwing up let alone helping them out! I started to push at 5pm and our little sweet heart joined us at 6:55pm. I remember the exact time b/c I had to order my dinner while I was pushing before 7pm or the kitchen would be closed. And that would have been seriously horrible since I had not eaten for almost 24hrs. I really don't know when I have been more hungry. haha :] We're so glad to have our angel here with us!




The first night at the hospital we had some visitors drop by :] Howard, Jodi, and Amelia came over to bring us food! Jodi packed soup, pudding, and my favorite, Pub Mix :] It was so fun to show Cora to our family and have them share our in excitement.
Cora and I both got a round of antibiotics b/c of my water having broken so early and not giving birth for nearly 24hrs later. Cora was in the nursery for her entire stay b/c of a birth infection, so we couldn't have any other visitors:( Thankfully, we both received amazing care from wonderful nurses and left three days later.
No comments:
Post a Comment