Howard was giddy. I don't think I have ever used that word to describe Howard, but there it is. He was just in awe with how cute she was and he was so happy to finally get to hold her in his arms. He keep saying,"She is so awesome. We have the best baby!". It was so fun to see the two of them together. Cora looks so tiny and perfect in his arms.
I was in love with my baby right away. I would wake up in the hospital at 5am and it always felt like Christmas morning when I would waddle down to the nursery and pick up my sweetie. I have never felt more joy and peace then when I was rocking with her in my arms.
With all the wonderfulness of having a baby let me just say that Parenthood is not something you ease into. I felt like I was hit with this new role of being a mom by a hundred ton truck. I asked my mom, who joined us the next day after being home from the hospital, "Why didn't anyone tell me how hard being a new mom is??". She smiled and said,"How do you even begin to describe this? It is just a haze in the beginning. You're in a baby bubble".
I was totally shocked by how incredibly exhausting the first couple weeks were. I remember being so grateful to have a my new little daughter and at the same time wondering if I will ever know what being "well-rested" meant again. haha :) I am just so thankful for all the family and friends that came over to visit and kept my house eating well. We wouldn't have survived without the help. Seriously. So grateful! My mother-in-law came by the second night with a warm dinner and bags full of groceries. It was awesome! Nothing says, "I love you" like food does!! I was so lucky to have had my own mom visit for over a week! I loved sharing this new experience with her. My mom would get up with Cora and me and just hang out while Cora ate, then she would take Cora outside while I showered. I would catch them talking to neighbors or singing my favorite kid songs :] My mom taught me how to bath a little body and keep them warm. She showed me how to be patient with a fussy cry or when to slow down and enjoy the small moments. I cried when my mom left. I didn't realize how empty the house would feel without her. I will always remember her good advice and the fun memories made during my first couple weeks of being a new mom. I can't wait for the rest of my family to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment