I hope.
I mean it's almost November for crying out loud! At the start of this month we had a little bit of a cold front, so I pulled down my fall/winter clothes box and exchanged out all my shorts, t-shirts, and capris for my beautiful boots, colorful cardigans, and flannels. Howard took one look at my newly attired closet and said, "Yeah, you are going to want to pull out your summer clothes again.". A week later I was cursing the relentless blue skies as I was sweating in my calf-skin boots and knitted sweater. Just one dark cloud is what I am asking for. Just a few rainstorms that would me run inside and grab some hot chocolate, but still the summer sun shines on smirking at my discomfort.
Every few days I will attempt to wear a long-sleeved shirt or a vest over my button-up shirt, and I am quickly shedding the layers and returning to my ever faithful tee's within an hour's time. Oh well, soon enough we will be moving out to Utah and I will be begging for some of Arizona's blue skies. Grass is always greener.
Howard is still slaving away as a tree trimmer for his brother Todd's company. He is also exploring the idea of joining the Air Force after graduating from BYU. This brainstorm of his scares me, but I am open-minded to look into this option (does anyone out there have inputs or experiences on this??). We just found out (yesterday) that he only has 2 classes left till we can peace out of BYU!! Oh yeah- we are very excited :]
I am managing to keep a smile on while I finish my last two months working at JCPenney's salon. I found out last week that they are not giving me any new clients since I am moving, so my production has gone down just a little (next time I will not be giving my moving notice till the last minute!). I really have been grateful for my time at this salon though. It has helped me get back in the saddle ;) I am looking forward to a week vacation to Oregon coming up in November! I can not believe it has been since April when I last saw my family.
Well, hope you all are having a good October!
~Happy Haunting~
No comments:
Post a Comment