Friday, November 25, 2011

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING~

Hello friends and family!
I hope this season found you surrounded by all the people you love and the people that make you smile. I was so sad to see my salon put up their Christmas wreaths the WEEK before Halloween because it confirmed my fear that consumerism is taking over our holidays. While I am saying that a little sarcastically I do find myself getting more involved with shopping, buying, going bankrupt instead of thinking of family experiences I could have. Alright, here's a renewed resolution to enjoy the moments more and slow down when I am with the people I care about the most. 
I am so grateful for the HUGE, wonderful, crazy, beautiful family I have here in Arizona. Howard and I got to spend Thanksgiving with Howard Sr. side of the fam with all the cousins in tow. We had a nice time swapping family stories with everybody and wearing capris at the end of November. This was the first year that I got to contribute food! So, I made knot dinner rolls and garlic mashed potatoes AND nobody got sick! Success :}  We had a wonderful day. 
Today, Howard left with his older brother Todd for his first camping trip!! Howard was very excited to go on a guys' weekend and I am happy to have him spending more time with his  brother when it doesn't involve work (ummm Howard works for Todd as his foreman). I get to spend lots of time my in-laws eating leftovers and playing dominoes :] I am very content right now with my belly full of pumpkin pie and nieces running around the house. Life is Good.  

1 comment:

  1. wonderful update...this will be such a fun journal for you someday to look back on. Love you guys very much and are glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete