What an adventure it was to move to Arizona! Want a play-by-play?? Well, you are getting one.
April 25th: MOVING DAY!
We woke up at the crack of dawn (8am) and starting pulling out the U-Haul boxes. After making good progress, but feeling our engines shutting down we got a rejuvenating surprise. The Hansen trio (Brady, Taryn, and Liv) showed up on our front doorstep with doughnuts in hand(bless them!). With their help and help from the sugar high we all got from eating 3 doughnuts we busted through our house and loaded up one trailer and two cars. We got done soo early that Howard and I just left. We looked at each other and said, "What the heck are we waiting around for?". At 4:30pm that day we drove off into the sunset leaving behind our wonderful, little world that we created had in Provo and headed to a bright new start in Az. On the way down we stopped off at my Grandma Hansen's house and enjoyed her company for the night. It was great to see her smiling face and listen to her comical complaints and advice. We, of course, got to kick our feet up and watch a basketball game with her.
April 26th: ROAD TRIP!
Feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the wide open road we left Grandma's around 8:30am. What a sight we must have been! Howard was leading our caravan with his JEEP stuffed full and pulling a U-Haul trailer; which, if you opened it you had better jump back a few feet b/c it is packed! I was following with my cute, new Honda Fit that was also filled to the brim. April 27th: UN-PACK THE CARS!
Arriving into Arizona we hit a lovely 75 degree warm front. I was able to bust out my shorts and I could almost hear my white legs singing for joy. However, as we drove around town I quickly realized that it was only Spring and it was already hitting the high 70's. Howard told me to hold onto to my sunscreen b/c I haven't seen 'nothin yet. This is what I have learned so far: DRINK lots of water, eat fruit, turn on the fans..OH! And don't wave to the men on street corners b/c they will approach your car with the expectation that you have work for them. Kind of awkward, especially when you don't speak their language. Also, a plus to moving to a new place is that I have been getting a better work-out. Usually, I will run for about 2 miles a few times a week. Now that I am in a new neighborhood I get lost every time I go out for a run, so it turns into a 4-6mile run. Perfect for swimsuit season ;]
Last thought: I was kind of missing the beautiful spring that Utah gets. I was day-dreaming about how nice and mild the weather can be this time of year as I was fanning myself under a fan in my hot room in Arizona. Then, this morning I was pretty much cured of any remorse I may have felt about leaving Utah, when I walked into a BLIZZARD that had dropped down onto Salt Lake City. What can I say: The grass is always greener.

No comments:
Post a Comment