Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home for the weekend!

Last weekend Howard and I got the chance to fly down to Mesa, Az. We left on Thursday night and didn't come back until Monday morning! It was such a treat to be away from our regular routine and to have the time to hang out with the fam. The main reason we went down was to be there for our niece, when she was sealed to Nana Jodi and Papa Howard. The sealing was on Saturday morning at the Mesa temple. Amelia had on a beautiful white, beaded dress and was just beaming from ear to ear all day. She is surrounded by so many people that love and care for her. I was grateful to be a part of such a wonderful day. 

The rest of the visit was spent goofing around, napping, and soaking up the Arizona sun! On the first night we got everyone together (Howard's 4 siblings and their spouses + 11nieces) we were at Howard's parents home. Through all the chaos of girls gone wild in the living room, we got caught up with each other's lives. I think Todd may have even danced to the Wii dance party at one point, but I don't think he'd admit to it ;) Saturday night we all got together again, after pulling a few teeth to find a babysitter for all the girls. We went to The Outback and enjoyed some awesome iceberg lettuce salads and tender steaks. Yum! 

Anytime we go to visit Howard's family I can literally see Howard scheming how quickly he can move back to Mesa. The wheels just start turning in his little pointed head and his eyes start glistening over with thoughts of having family time like this weekend ALL the time. When we return home he is just a little more motivated to tackle his LAST (full) semester. So, whatever gets the man moving towards finishing BYU I fully support. I sense we will be returning to Arizona for a visit real soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment