This Christmas was a unique one for Howard and me.
After being snowed into Utah, we realized we would be spending the holiday alone.
So, we pulled out our mattress and claimed the living room as our Christmas fort. I mean what else were we suppose to do?
We are happy to report that this set-up stayed in our living for two whole weeks :]
For Christmas eve we had some special guests over to our home to share our Ham dinner.
Howard made rosemary mashed potatoes and kept the dog entertained, while I whipped up some croissants and steamed asparagus. Although, it was a quiet night we enjoyed the change of pace for Christmas eve.
Christmas night Howard read the Christmas story from Luke and I read The Night Before Christmas. Then we anxiously climbed under the covers and tried to keep from peeking for Santa.
Christmas night Howard read the Christmas story from Luke and I read The Night Before Christmas. Then we anxiously climbed under the covers and tried to keep from peeking for Santa.
Eventually, we fell asleep to the sounds of Fred Astaire singing "Santa Claus is coming to town" from one of our favorite holiday cartoons :]
Christmas morning brought even more snow!
Thank goodness for good neighbors. Our sweet Kathy came over with her snow-blower and saved us from being stuck inside ;)
This is the infamous Kathy who lives next door with her 30 blow-up balloons and 5,000 strands of Christmas lights (not exaggerating). Kathy and her mom also decorate the inside of their home to welcome one and all for a Christmas museum open house! They have 4 rooms completely filled with their holiday collections. From teddy bears, light-up villages to hand painted trees they have everything you could possibly imagine to fill a home with holiday wonder (really- how and why did they get so much decor in their home?).











You two are heaps of fun! When I come back to Utah one day so we can meet, can we build a fort too? Glad you two had each other for the holiday (and for eternity) You're pretty cute together!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had such a fun Christmas!!! :) Love the fort idea! Maybe Matt and I should do that next year and then we'll already be all cozy when the kids wake up and come down to see what Santa brought! I need to start blogging again.
ReplyDeleteso fun, danee! i love it!can i come over and get in the fort, too?? you and howard are just way too adorable :)
ReplyDelete