Today at work I was pulling two carts up to the Mother/Baby unit. These carts are the reason Howard felt my arm last night and said,"Wow, you're shaping up"- thanks babe. They are W ID E, heavy, and I can not see over them even if I jump. So- you get the picture.
Anyways, I was pulling them down this long, carpeted hallway (which is like dragging a dead, fat giant across the Sierra desert) when I was stopped by an older nurse. She patted my shoulder and with a pitiful gleam in her eye said,"I just wanted you to know that you are doing your job so well sweetheart. Even if you have a disadvantage of being very small and short.". I had this weird urge to slap her. Is that bad? Well I didn't. I just smiled really big and said,"My mom let me dress all by myself today too.". Immediately, I felt like a smart alec So, I pushed ahead with my two carts and carried on across the looming desert before me. Isn't that just the way some days feel? Long and never ending... with silly people standing in the way of you.
oh my Danee...I love you :) We are all vertically challenged!!! haha
ReplyDeleteWell Danee from one short gal to another...take it as a compliment haha! Patience is a virtue that I am still working on. Do you want me to come pop her in the nose? I love how people think they can treat us like children because she are "height challenged" haha.
ReplyDeleteI love you, she really was probably trying to be nice;)
Hahaha, you are so funny! I got a chuckle out of your comparison of pulling the cart across the hallway. Very descriptive :) Oh man, my poor children have no hope of a taller life than mine, seeing as both their parents are vertically challenged. I'll just send them over to aunt danee's and you can share your stories with them, and make them laugh about it!
ReplyDeleteAs far as silly people, happens to me all the time. I just have to put it behind me and think tomorrow's another day!
Ha...that's hilarious! I just say, yes, I'm travel size...I find it convenient that way. =) People are crazy...good luck! Love you! (Alysha)
ReplyDelete