Howard and I have reached the first year mark and from what I've been told it's all down hill from here. Right??
Well even if it's not I am buckled in and ready for the ride. I have really enjoyed the experiences we have been through together. It's amazing how well you can get to know someone by the single act of living together. Then at the same time you can look over at your sweetie pie and realize you have no idea what's going on in their head. I guess that's the beauty of marriage- to feel predictability and spontaneity balance out. I have found in Howard my favorite thought and my most enjoyable moments. I am so grateful to have his love in my life.
Howard re-vamped our kitchen to show his undying love and affection pour moi. We took a trip down to the trusty Home Depot and picked out an awesome shade of turquoise to dowse our kitchen with. Then to finish the picture we found a great deal on a kitchen table that matches perfectly! (Once I figure out how to upload pictures from the library I will show you what it looks like). Needless to say, this was a sublime (does anyone use that word anymore?) gift for a wife that loves to spend time in the kitchen. My idea for Howard was to combine an anniversary gift with an early b-day gift and surprise him with a dog! After persuading our landlord, Tom, I finally got the go-ahead to get a dog. I picked out some really cute dachshund puppies on KSL, but at the end of the day I chickened out and told Howard my idea. So together we found a good deal on a mini dachshund in Mona, Ut. After a quick road trip and a visit to a funny old couple we have a new addition to our apartment! His name is Woody, he is chocolate brown, and tiny. When he runs his ears start to fly and it looks like he's is preparing to take off :] Woody is a welcomed and happy, new member of the Hansen clan. Now we just need to figure out this thing called "potty training"...
Happy Anniversary again! We still need to find a time to come by and see Woody. I'm anxious to see what Livy thinks of him :) And now I'm also dying to see your painted kitchen! I recently added turquoise accents to our kitchen too.
ReplyDeletewonderful post my dear...you are an excellent writer like your Grandpa Rex!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your two new additions...blue kitchen and little Mr. Woody!
Happy potty training...let me know how it goes.
Ella is how old???? Ha hahaha maybe you will have better luck.
Happy Anniversary. That's crazy it's been a year! We have had a mini dachshund in our family for just over a year now. You are going to love it. They are the perfect addition. When you move back to AZ we will have to get them together.
ReplyDelete