Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall visits




Visiting the Hansen Pumpkin Patch






Going down to Richfield was like taking in a breathe of fresh air (and Provo tends to run out of that during this time of year). We had a great time getting together with Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, but what really made us smile was being around Grandma Hansen. I had to win her at arm wrestling (best out of three) for her to let us help out around the house. Howard got lost outside and came back after transforming her yard; while I tackled the dinners and cobwebs :]








Grandma Betty is a fiesty and witty lady. Love is converted to food in her home. You are only being taken care of it you have a full, satisfied belly. I liked watching her fuss and putter around the kitchen, where her presence still is recognized as Queen. The entire time I was there I could not use her can opener or turn the right part of the stove on,  but Grandma was right behind me laughing and taking it into her own hands while saying,"You just have to have the right touch". I figure she has always had that touch, because I have seen the effect she has on others lives, including my own. I am  grateful to know such an amazing woman.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and exactly how I feel. We are lucky to have her and all the wonderful Hansens and (of course) Dunfords in our lives.
    We are grateful that you and Howard took that time with her!
    Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could have been there with you! thanks for visiting grandma. i know it cheered her up! Love Ya - Dad

    ReplyDelete