Thursday, October 22, 2009




Howard and I are off to visit Grandma Hansen in Richfield, UT. It's always a comfort to know I will find her waiting (napping) in the living room with a Jazz game on. I know I can always count on fresh bread and a coke break at 10:30 to make it through the rest of the day. Maybe if I am lucky, I will bring home some of her candy recipes :)


When I was a little girl I remember lying on the upstairs bedroom playing with the crystal chandelier when it hit me! Similair light fixtures are used all over her home... they decorate with velvet pillows and they always have candy in glass dishes... that lead me to conclude, "So this is why they call it Rich- field". I was won over by that conclusion and held it as truth for a lot of years. haha ;)


Another good memory is with my cousin Marlee. I convinced her that we would be so chic if we only had bangs. Naturally. She wasn't so certain, so I went first. With rusted scissors and a grocery bag underneath the mirror to catch my fashionable sacrifice, I made the first cut. Which landed near the tip of my forehead giving me 1" bangs. Ironicallly, we are both hairstylist now.



1 comment:

  1. Grandmas are the BEST! I miss mine dearly! Enjoy every chance you get to visit with her, and please...share some of those yummy candy recipes! :) :)

    ReplyDelete