Saturday, May 25, 2013

A trip home: Part 1

Something significant happened last month. I became a quarter of a century old or wiser depending on the day. To celebrate my family sent me out of town. On May 2nd Cora and I set off on our first plane ride together. I'll admit I was really nervous about her flying. Would she freak out and cry the whole way, subjecting me to evil looks and harsh judgement from the other passengers? Would she throw-up? Would her eardrums burst? And the list of paranoid mom ideas went on to the point where I didn't sleep too well the night before we left. Turns out all my worrying turned out to be for nothing! The minute the plane took off Cora conked out. It was beautiful. I received admiring looks from the flight attendants and loving glances were thrown  Cora's way by my fellow passengers. Little did they know it was all luck... Maybe they did know it was luck and they were just saying their prayers that this would not be the flight they would have to endure with a screaming baby. Well, whatever the reason Cora slept, I was so relieved

When we landed in Redmond there was a very excited Grandma/mom to greet us. My mom and I met up with Ryan for lunch at Deschutes Brewery; my favorite restaurant in Bend :] It was Ryan's first time to meet Cora. Later we picked up Haylee from school and it was her first time to meet Cora. Arriving at the house these pictures pretty much sum up the rest of the trip:

It really is too bad that Cora isn't loved that much around here. 
When they family wasn't taking pictures with Cora, loving on her, or trying to make her smile we played games, watched movies, and went downtown. It was a great first weekend home. 
 
On the first Friday of every month downtown shop's open up their doors to artist. The shop owners display all varieties of art from local talents and offer yummy appetizers and the occasional wine or beer to sample; which we did NOT try... I swear. It seems like everyone comes out on First Friday! The streets were packed. Bend has a strong community bond, it is one of my favorite aspects of this town.

On Saturday we got Haylee ready for her Junior Prom. 
Haylee is dating Michael. He waited till 3 days before prom to ask her... Haylee wasn't anxious at all. They have a good sense of humor between the two of them and I am so glad to see her with someone who takes such good care of my sista!  
Does anyone know how to rotate pics on here?! It's so annoying.
Haylee looked so gorgeous!! 

Sunday was Cinco de Mayo! After going to church and visiting with all my Bend friends, Ryan has made us a fiesta. 
My mom had the funny idea to surprise my Dad and brother by coming to dinner with mustaches on. 
 
We wore them proudly. 

Aftermath of Prom.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! These are fun, hilarious and a tad embarrassing! We had so much fun with you guys. Love you mucho grande!
    Love,
    Mom/Grams!!!

    ReplyDelete