Introducing Baby Hansen:
I found out I was pregnant at 4wks! I started to suspect something was up when I couldn't fight sleeping at my work desk in the afternoon and my snacks began to increase.
I told myself I was going to wait for the weekend to take a pregnancy test; which was 5 more days. However, I have little self control and went out the very next morning and picked up an EPT test. I did the deed in our downstairs bathroom and it took all of 30 SECONDS for the window to show a positive! I let out a shocked,"What the?!" and started laughing. I couldn't believe I was REaLLy pregnant! Howard was upstairs and heard the commotion, but I didn't want to tell him without a fun set-up. So, I set off to the store to pick up a few things to surprise Howard with the news. I returned home to find him in a "I hate finals" slump. We went for a walked to clear his head and to hopefully get him in a happier mood ;) It was a rare sunny, Spring afternoon for Utah and as we passed by the park we saw that it was swarming with little kids. I asked Howard if he was still excited to be a Dad. He replied,"Honestly, that is the last thing on my mind right now." tee hee "Well, not for long", was all I thought. When we got home I told him I had been reading the book he had given me: Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It had me thinking about planning for our future. At that point I pulled out a piggy bank and handed it to him with a card. I told him the piggy bank was to help us remember to start saving for the future and the details were in the card. He read the card that said:
This piggy bank is for our baby's college fund.
Only 18yrs and 9mths to save!
I am 4wks pregnant. Our baby is due on Dec.12th.
Congratulations Dad!
He was totally floored. Howard just turned to me and said, "Are you serious?". When I told him yes and I showed him the positive test he gave me a high-five and said,"Congratulations". haha!! Obviously it hadn't sunk in yet. After a minute of the jaw-dropping to the floor look Howard gave me a big hug and told me he was so excited to be a parent with me. We popped open some Martinelli's and celebrated our itty bitty big news :]
Here I am at 10wks. I am definitely starting to feel a change in my body. For the last couple weeks I have stopped being able to button the top part of my pants. Dang.
Howard went with me to my second doctor's appointment yesterday. We got to meet our Doctor: Dr. Carlson and I was relieved to find he was very attentive and kind. The first ultrasound was really neat. We saw the baby right away! It was swimming and dancing around. It was finally real for me that I was actually going to be a mom. Howard was grinning from ear to ear for most of the vist, but he was especially excited when he asked the doctor when we would get to find out the sex of the baby. I love seeing him so happy about being a Dad! He is going to be an amazing father :]
We found out the more accurate due date, which is December 6th!



Woohooo!! A blog post and a baby. So many good things all at once haha although look back, clearly I am just behind on reading your blog!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute story! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteDanee! How fun! I am so happy for you, being a mom is the best thing in the world. I love having my little one. Pregnancy is challenging but SOOO worth it! Ah! I am so excited for you. And, hopefully the baby will come a few days early, my birthday is December 2nd. :)
ReplyDeleteHooray! Congrats to you guys. Parenthood is the best!
ReplyDeleteSO exciting Danee!!! Jay and I are so happy for you both! Your going to make great parents :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you guys- you're going to be AMAZING parents! Hope you're feeling well through it all! :)
ReplyDeleteHooray!!! I'm so happy the news is out! What a cute way to tell Howard! Congrats congrats congrats! We are still so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this cute story!! :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWill and I are soooooooo excited for you two!
Awesome news! CONGRATS!! YAY!
Dear baby Hansen,
ReplyDeleteMy name is great Aunt Kathleen...
I am going to teach you things that no one else will teach you;)
I love you already!!
That is such a cute story! SO excited for you guys.
ReplyDelete